CSS Navigation Menus Css3Menu.com


Town Clerk

Clerk/Tax Collector Julie Carlson  716-925-8842

640 Main Street, Limestone 14753
Fax: 716-925-7571    

Office Hours:
Monday 12:00 - 5:00 PM
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
CLOSED on Holidays

Services provided by the Town Clerk's Office
Tax Collection
NYS Dog Licenses
NYS Marriage Licenses
Marriage Record Request
Vital Statistics Records
Handicapped Parking Permits
NYS Sporting Licenses

!The Town of Carrollton has taken over the Limestone Cemetery located on Route 219 in Limestone, NY - - - PLEASE CONTACT Town of Carrollton, 640 Main Street, Suite 1, Limestone, NY  14753 at 716-925-8842 ext 3 (leave a message and your call will be returned) or carrolltonclerk@hotmail.com!  

Tax Collection
The last date taxes can be paid to the local tax collector is March 31, 2019.  After this date, all payments must be made to the Cattaraugus County Treasurer at: 303 Court Street, Little Valley, NY 14755  Phone: 716.938.2289 or 1 Leo Moss Drive, Olean, NY 14760  Phone: 716.373.8010.

NYS Dog Licenses
Every dog, regardless of age, owned or harbored in NYS for longer than 30 days must be licensed.  Please check with Town Clerk for exceptions.

  ~If the dogs spayed or neutered, a certificate from a licensed veterinarian is required 
  ~All dogs three months or older must have proof of rabies vaccination signed by a licensed veterinarian 
  ~If you are interested in a purebred license, contact the Clerk
  ~A check payable to the Town of Carrollton for the appropriate fee

Dog licenses can be obtained at any time and are good for one year from the date of purchase.  You will need:

  ~Proof of up-to-date rabies vaccination 
  ~If the dog has been spayed or neutered in the last year, that documentation is also required

New or renewal price is the same:  Spayed or neutered, $7.00; not spayed or neutered, $15.00

NYS Marriage License
A couple intending to marry in NYS must apply in person for a marriage license to any town or city clerk in the State.  The application for a license must be signed by both the bride and groom in the presence of the clerk.  A representative cannot apply for the license of behalf of the bride or groom. Notarized marriage license affidavits signed by the bride and groom cannot be substituted for their personal appearance.

The license must be obtained at least 24 hours before the wedding and is valid for 60 days beginning the day after issuance.  A person is required to establish proof and identity by submitting to the issuing clerk, one of the following age-related documents:  birth certificate, baptismal record, or naturalization record; and one of the following identity-related documents: driver's license, passport, employment picture ID, or an immigration record.

If previously married, a certified copy of the Decree of Divorce or a Certificate of Dissolution of Marriage is required.  If spouse is deceased, a copy of the death certificate is required.

A fee of $40 (cash or check) includes issuance of the Certificate of Marriage, which is automatically sent to the applicants within 15 days after returned by the officiate.  This will be your notification that a record of marriage is on file.

To be valid, a marriage ceremony must be performed by any of the individuals specified in Section 11 on the NYS Domestic Relation Law.  See Town Clerk for list.  A New York State marriage license may be used anywhere within NYS.  It is not valid outside the State.  For more information please contact the Town Clerk or the NYS Department of Health Vital Records Section. 

Vital Statistics Records
The Town of Carrollton maintains birth, death, and marriage records from 1883 to the present.  Search and certified copy is $10 each for a marriage, birth, or death record.

You must fill out an appropriate form.  Forms can be downloaded at www.health.state.ny.us/vital_records.  Other records are available under the Freedom of Information Law (FOIL).  You must fill out an Application for Public Access to Records.

Handicapped Parking Permit
You are eligible for license plates or a parking permit for the disabled if you are a NYS resident who has one or more severe disabilities that impair your mobility.  See Part 2 of MV-664.1 for a description of qualifying disabilities.

If you are applying for the parking permit, DO NOT send your application to the DMV; they do not issue parking permits.  A permit may be used for either a permanent or temporary disability.  You do not have to be a driver or a registered owner of a vehicle to get a permit.  Children who have qualifying disabilities are eligible for permits at any age, as are persons who are legally blind.  Permits are issued in the name of the person with the disability.

Handicapped parking applications, rules, and regulations are available on www.dmv.ny.gov/forms.htm.  Fill out Part 1 of the application (MV-664.1).  Have your physician complete Part 2 of the applications and return it to you.  Applications can be signed by physicians only.  Take your completed application, ID, and proof of residency to the Town Clerk.  NOTE:  The applicant must be a resident of NYS and a resident of the city, town, or village in which the issuing agent is located.

NYS Sporting Licenses
types of sporting licenses and fishing licenses are available at the Town Clerk's Office through the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation Automated Licensing System (DECALS).

Updated Sportsman Education Class schedule is available at www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/7860.html

For complete requirements and dates, visit DEC's website at www.doc.ny.gov/index.html